Thursday, October 6, 2011

Special Spots

We have been working so hard on reading! There are lots of different ways we practice reading in first grade and one way is "Read to Self." We have a whole book box of good fit books that we read from everyday to become better readers.

One of my summer projects this last summer was collecting special spots for kids to sit around the room while they read. I was looking for child sized camping chairs, beach chairs, or lawn chairs and I found them at garage sales and thrift stores. We LOVE getting to choose special spots!!!




If you have any small chairs that you don't use or happen to see any for sale and want to get them for our class we would LOVE it! I have ALMOST enough for everyone in our class - 16 so we still have to take turns. We just need 6 more! Help out if you can! Thanks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment